Monday, December 05, 2005

Little Things



Ian,

Sorry to bug you with this, but it's had me wondering for a few days...

I was listening to the song Salad Days the other day. I have heard this song at least a thousand times over the past 17 years, and for the first time the other day, I noticed that in a portion of the song toward the middle, it sounds like Lyle is playing his guitar into a mic w/out it being plugged into an amp. Was this done on purpose? Who thought of that, and how did it come to be on the record?

Little insignificant thing, I know, but I'm totally curious...

Ronny


Ronny,

I believe that Lyle overdubbed an acoustic guitar on 'Salad Days', which I think is what you are hearing. I have recorded electric guitar with a mic (and no amp) at some point, but I can't remember what song it was. I don't think it was particularly striking in the end result, but the texture was nice.


Take care,
Ian

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home